Laughter: Your best workout!?!
OK…so maybe it’s not your ‘best’ workout. This article in New Scientist claims that laughing appears to be almost as beneficial as a workout in boosting the health of blood vessels.
“Thirty minutes of exercise three times a week and 15 minutes of hearty laughter each day should be part of a healthy lifestyle,” says Michael Miller of the University of Maryland Medical Center in Baltimore, US, whose team has shown that laughter relaxes arteries and boosts blood flow.
In the interest of our respective arteries being relaxed and blood flow optimized, I offer you the following:
- My favorite Gary Larson (The Far Side) cartoon
- Funny *only* because someone invested this kind of time in building this site! (Note: run your mouse over the stapler)
- This is just so bizarre (again…that someone would spend time on it!) but funny ’cause they do it for a bunch of other stuff too
- Oh thank God that business casual isn’t dead
- Ah…this is serious business shielding our thoughts from mind probes
- A perennial favorite
- Gotta love The New York Times cartoons
- …and last but not least — in the “truth is stranger than fiction” category — the Obscure Store and Reading Room.
About Steve Borsch
Connecting the Dots Podcast
Podcasting hit the mainstream in July of 2005 when Apple added podcast show support within iTunes. I'd seen this coming so started podcasting in May of 2005 and kept going until August of 2007. Unfortunately was never 'discovered' by national broadcasters, but made a delightfully large number of connections with people all over the world because of these shows. Click here to view the archive of my podcast posts.