One Word Describes the Trump Administration: Uncertainty
There is an old adage used by investors, strategists and market watchers that “markets hate uncertainty” and the Donald Trump presidency is all about throwing grenades in to everything and creating that uncertainty. As I read, talk with senior leaders, venture capitalists and even small business owners like myself, everyone is unsure what to do next when it comes to healthcare insurance, investments, and more.
In my view Trump’s creation of uncertainty is negatively impacting markets, innovation, investment (both domestic and foreign) and is only going to get worse as his presidency continues.
Here are a few examples that have come up from the beginning of April until today:
- Dollar edges higher, but gains tempered amid U.S.-China uncertainty
- President Trump and the Art of Uncertainty
- Roubini: Trump Policies ‘Biggest Uncertainty in the World’
- Small business sees uncertainty spike as Trump bump levels off
- The Trump Uncertainty Rate Hike
- How Trump’s Uncertainty On Africa Could Be China’s Gain
- The Donald Trump Zone of Uncertainty shows up in the health-care debate
That last bullet point is about uncertainty in healthcare, especially after the House passed the repeal of Obamacare, and how insurers, hospital and clinic systems, physicians, business leaders, and so many others are just not sure what to do next. They see how horrifically bad the GOP direction would be if passed by the Senate — and how it leaves out millions of our fellow Americans — and are on-hold until Trump and the GOP figure out what to do themselves.
Virtually everything under Trump is uncertain and his administration’s falsehoods (i.e., lies) about even small details means that any initiatives or policies Trump and his minions put forth are treated with uncertainty.
Uncertainty is my reason #2,445 why Trump is the worst thing that has ever happened to America.